1. IntroducE Computer science to your students
We recommend introducing the topic of computer science to your students before engaging in any of these activities. CLICK HERE to find resources that you can use in your classroom at the start of CSED Week.
2.Grade level Recommendations
3. UnPlugged activity - Mrs. Wylie
My Robotic Friends from ThinkSmith
During CSED week, Mrs. Wylie will be working with first and second grade students during their math enrichment sessions to further the cause of "The Hour of Code". She will be running "unplugged" computer science lessons - concepts that can be taught with no technology needed.
Mrs. Wylie will be highlighting programming techniques by having the students:
• Learn to convert real-world activities into instructions
• Gain practice coding instructions with symbols
• Gain understanding of the need for precision in coding
• Gain practice debugging malfunctioning code
In parts of this video, you can see the students working on the "Robotic Friends" lesson that involves stacking plastic cups. =========>
To learn more about the lesson, download the plan HERE.